Around March 10, 2022Method of implementation
Internal Staff and student survey (Items include 5 levels of assessment and description)
External Ms. Rumi Okura coordinator of Ebisu Japanese Language Teacher Training Research Center (Interview)
1. Lecturers and staff are assessed for 10 main categories and 39 sub-categories on a 5-point scale. The rating is usually a 5 or 4, but subsequent items have multiple ratings of 3 or 2, which has become the dominant issue.
(1) Disaster prevention efforts: Despite efforts to prevent corona, learning to deal with natural disasters such as fire or earthquake is certainly not enough.
(2) Career guidance efforts: Career guidance requires the accumulation of extensive experience. When the choices are complicated, there is still a problem to be solved.
(3) The linkage with the financial sponsor: It is not yet possible to improve the results of education by connecting with the family (financial sponsor). The school wants to perform it in the new year.
(4) Social activities (volunteering, etc.): Due to corona's influence, it was impossible to perform. But it is a necessary job to plan for the new year.
(1) School events: There are many opinions that there are very few activities including social activities. In fact, it is difficult to plan due to the spread of corona and still need to be wary of whether the epidemic has really cleared or the future continues.
(2) Learning environment: There is an opinion that libraries have few books. That's right, the school wants to make efforts to increase it in the future.
The opinion of the evaluation board is as follows.
For the purposes of Ebisu Japanese Language School (also listed on the website) purposes such as "achieving a balance of 4 skills", "acquiring communication skills", and "getting good grades or Approximately how much a student completed on the JLPT / EJU / "exams based on that assessment organization.
(1) "The balance of 4 skills" ... The school uses textbooks to focus on communication (dialogue). It is possible that a student has learned about dialogue skills, but the curriculum structure is not just for being able to take scores on tests but necessary for students' future paths and applying for jobs, so Improvement is needed.
(2) "Acquiring communication skills" ... Lectures were held, each student completed the manuscript, memorized it, and gave a presentation. Activities like these are great to help students increase their motivation to strive.
(3) "Get high scores or pass JLPT / EJU exams" High JLPT N2 pass rate Many students have also taken one step closer to N1. Therefore, it should be added to the curriculum, it is necessary to analyze the external tests more thoroughly and use them in the curriculum for next year.
※Regarding counseling for students, it is necessary to find out universities, colleges, careers for each student and propose suitable schools for students, and at the same time, develop a training plan for counseling rooms for each school. In the future, not only university but there will be many different pathways, such as graduate school or going for a job, so it is necessary to establish a regime to be able to advise whether students Choose any school. In the situation of corona epidemic, around online learning, the number of students going to school is small, so it is difficult to implement or plan for the lessons, but the school has skillfully directed the students to learn. In the future we also hope the school will continue to respond flexibly to better instructional plans.
Total students completing the course in 2021 28 (excluding students returning home)
Number of students entering graduate school 1
Number of students entering university 5
Number of students entering vocational schools 10
Number of students changing status of residence 7
In addition to the above students, 5 students have passed the N2 Japanese Language Proficiency Test